BLITS E-Newsletter December 2011
December 2, 2011
Everyone Everyday - Creative Ideas Competition
Today BLITS launched a creative ideas competition for ACT schools students called "Everyone Everyday - 101 ways to include people with disability".
This competition is part of a disability awareness program being developed by BLITS and the ACT Government.
The competition invites ACT school students to tell us their ideas - through words, drawings or photos - about the things that everyone can do to include people with disability in everyday life.
There are great prizes to win. Students will also have a chance to have their idea included in a book that will be published in 2012.
Entries will be displayed in a Canberra exhibition in Youth Week, April 2012.
The competition details and poster is available at: everyone everyday poster and details. These forms will also be available ACT public libraries in December 2011 and in all ACT schools (semester 1, 2012).
You might like to promote the competition over the holiday period, run the competition as a school holiday activity with your younger customers or clients, or perhaps younger family members might be interested in entering the competition with their own ideas.
Prizes to date include:
• 2 x $100 Gift Vouchers (to be used at Dick Smith/Harvey Norman)
• A day in a professional recording studio
• Double Pass to Dendy Premium Lounge Cinema
• Double Pass to Dendy Business Class Cinema
• Prize for a teacher: 2 tickets to the Sydney Theatre Company and Melbourne Theatre Company's production of "Australia Day" The wickedly funny play by Jonathan Biggins at The Canberra Playhouse
• A $50 Gift Certificate from Croissant Dor
We are seeking further sponsorship of prizes for the Everyone Everyday Competition that are suitable for ACT school students. We are seeking individual and class prizes as well as prizes for teachers.
If you can assist with sponsorship arrangements, please contact Lisa on 6205 2122 or Fiona on 6207 5594 or e-mail email@example.com
ACT BLITS and the ACT Government would like to thank the following organisations for their support of the Everyone Everyday Competition
• Canberra Milk
• Capital Careers
• Steve Pattrick Electrical
• Bunnings Warehouse (Fyshwick and Belconnen)
• Cultural Facilities Corporation
• Dendy Cinemas Canberra
• Mark and Vanessa Sutton
• Croissant Dor
• Kids Media for their design of the Everyone Everyday material
If you have a facebook account, please consider promoting the competition by liking our facebook page and the competition.
Entries close 1 April 2012.